03.08.2020 – 07.08.2020
03. – 07. August 2020 | Online
What are your summer holiday plans looking like at the moment? And the CPD / personal development courses you were booked to attend?… If your plans have unexpectedly changed ( whose haven’t…) and you have space in your calendar 3-7th August, we invite you to consider joining us on our SOL Retreat this year.
We hope to offer an ‘individualised group retreat‘ for as many people in the global community as would like to engage with it…. Theme – “Nourishing Your SF Roots”
We have cancelled the physical retreat. So, due to the circumstances, we can invite all of you to participate in this special time with us in useful ways yet to be created…
Those of us who have been involved in the early discussions are getting excited about the possibilities of being connected to and inspired by our SF community while working alone or in small groups over the four days that the retreat would have taken place in August. Seeking to take the benefits of the Retreats that are precious to us, and sharing them with a wider group.
The aims of the retreat remain the same: Nourishing your SF roots to enable your SF Flourishing
Imagine a time and place for you…
- Where you can care for and nurture YOU – in whatever ways you feel would be most helpful during the retreat period…
- Where you can take time to reflect on your SF practices – personal and professional – by yourself, supported by others…
- Where you can make, renew, and strengthen your connections in the SF community – locally and globally
The expectations on those joining the retreat remain the same:
- The focus is on creating a joyful, easeful environment for all to think, learn, share, play, take care of self and others; based our shared curiosity and belief in SF as a practical and useful methodology in work and in life.
- You come prepared to be as fully ‘present‘ throughout the retreat as possible – in the sense that you are in the ‘retreat bubble’ rather than in your normal home routine. Give yourself the gift of four whole undistracted days to focus on what is most nourishing for you and you alone as a person and a SF practitioner, as you would if you were away from home with the retreat group.
- You are open to considering SF being discussed and used in ways that are very different to your own. That is where some of the richest learnings lie…
This will NOT be a highly-structured, Zoom-based, 5-day event. We do not know exactly what it will be yet… That will depend on who participate, what they ask for and what they offer.
We think it will be mostly spending the time by ourselves doing what is individually of interest / importance to ourselves, but coming together daily to ‘touch base’, and to encourage deeper thinking by sharing and discussing what we have been doing.
We think it might have an element of accountability buddying – through some form of daily check-ins and sharing. Some co-coaching, co-learning, sharing of insights….. People having their best hopes exceeded in unexpected ways…. Perhaps inviting short contributions for presenters that have changed our thinking at previous retreats with their workshops to provide a possible start point for people’s reflections,… in an online open space format.
We hope that it might be possible for small groups of people to do part or all of the retreat physically co-located…. (have campervan, will travel… ). Perhaps if people from all over the globe are interested, there will be local time-zone ‘checkins’ / group activities…
We invite you to think what your ‘perfect retreat’ might consist of:
- Where would you do it?
- What would you want to focus on?
- Who do you look forward to having one-to-one conversations with?
- What would you love to share with others on the retreat about your SF work /thinking?
- How could you practically make this possible for yourself?
Let Wendy and Sarah know if you are interested in joining in the co-creation of your own individualised yet communal retreat.
We hope to continue this sharing of best hopes and practical possibilities for what might happen with you. Please let us know if you would like to engage with us on developing this further.
Wendy & Sarah